Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Aimee Mullins - a woman of strength

http://www.cnn.com/2010/OPINION/03/09/mullins.beyond.disability/index.html?hpt=C2

A video of an incredibly strong woman speaking about her life, and the necessity for society to redefine their idea of "disabled"

"People come up to Aimee Mullins all the time and say, "you know, I have to tell you, you just don't look disabled."


The record-setting athlete, actress and model says, "And it's sweet because I know that they're confused, and they're telling me this because they know I'm missing both legs from the shin down, but they're presented with this package of a highly capable young woman. This has happened all over the world. I tell them it's interesting because I don't feel disabled." - CNN.com on Aimee Mullins

No comments:

Post a Comment