Sunday, July 4, 2010

Lord I am lazy... (For 7/2)

I'm going to be straight up about this. If you follow this, or happen across it and look at it you'll see I've been slacking off A LOT lately and just doing a mass of posts all in one day. I'm getting kind of tired of this blog. My attachment to it has been somewhat fleeting and I'm exhausted and not on my computer as much lately since I'm staying with my sister. I wanna keep up with it because I feel like I should, I think I should complete it. So please forgive my mass posts...

In the 1800s French philosopher Alexis de Tocqueville visited the United States to observe the workings of democracy and the country itself. He wrote his observations in a book titled Democracy In America. The following quote is an excerpt from the text. 


As one digs deeper into the national character of the Americans, one sees that they have sought the value of everything in this world only in the answer to this single question:
 how much money will it bring in? 
- Alexis de Tocqueville

No comments:

Post a Comment